Monday, February 19, 2018

Replacement Windows and New Door in Manchester

I went to Manchester to see a repeat customer who needed four replacement windows and a new door.

I did the door first. There was nothing there but an exterior wall,

so I started by cutting an opening and framing it in.




I didn't cut all the way through the wall until after I had it framed, because there was no need to make the house cold for that much longer. When I finished the framing and the sheet rock, I cut the wall through the rest of the way and installed the door. 

Next came the windows. They were all on one wall of the house in a part that had once been a porch. Here are two of the old ones:

It should have been a simple matter of taking the old windows out of the frames and putting the new ones in, but sometimes in old houses it doesn't work that way.


 After a little work, the job is done:

--Mark

No comments:

Post a Comment